This Blog displays messages that Colonel Bill's Wargames Depot posts upon it's Facebook Page, and will sometimes feature other snippets of information as and when received.

** Comment Moderation has been enabled. **
I'm still being pestered by a persistent spam-bot, so only Google Accounts can leave comments on the blog.

Friday, 28 July 2017

Three Belt Fed Gaming Figures for Colonel Bill's

The other day I offered to paint up two of the recently released Belt Fed Gaming miniatures for the display stand. 

I chose the Renaissance and Napoleonic models - mainly as they're the two which don't have naked breasts on display - so I could have a go at painting some figures with a bit of a historic uniform requirement. 

I've, unconsciously, managed to paint the Landsknecht as a (Games Workshop) Empire Greatsword character, I reckon. Not sure if that's a good thing, or not - but I believe I've managed to give the model an old school fantasy appearance, that I really, rather, like. It was great fun painting all those different colours!
Second figure I painted was the one listed as a French Napoleonic Cantiniere. So, I painted the model wearing a discarded, old, Ligne tunic and Legere trousers - both of which 'she' has had to patch up, and has been busy altering to meet her own needs. 'She' has retained her skirt for sake of feminine appearance - after all, to see a woman wearing trousers would have been scandalous!
Group shot of the finished Belt Fed Gaming miniatures that I've painted over the last week. Obviously I've [censored] the naked breasts of the Rambo Lynne model - so I can link to the photo and display it elsewhere on the Web, for those interested. 
As far as I know, the Landsknecht and Cantiniere models will be displayed in the Belt Fed Gaming display case at the shows. The Rambo Lynne model was, originally, meant for selling, but whether Stu decides against that option and doesn't sell the model off, we'll all have to wait and see.

Cheers for looking

16 comments:

  1. Corking paint-jobs and palette selections, Roy. Really love the brushwork on both of these minis :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Blaxkleric: Thanks Simon.

      Yes, there was a little forward planning of colour coordination for those two figures. I even drew out a sketch in advance for the Marie figure, to try and maximise colour choice and what I could get away with.

      Delete
  2. Great paint jobs. I like the Landsknecht a lot normally I'm not a big fan of women warriors showing a lot of flesh but for her it seems to work well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Adam Carriere: Thanks Adam

      Yeah, the Else figure looks like she has a certain arrogance about her, in a hand-on-hip and if-looks-could-kill kind of way. She's certainly a model I'd take to use for a rpg character, as she looks very capable with that big sword.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. @Michał Kucharski: Thanks Michał. They were certainly fun to paint and bring to life

      Delete
  4. I love the work you did on both of these figures but, clearly, Else is my favorite.

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Jonathan Freitag: Thank you

      I worked on Else over two days, on the night of the first day I had a moment of doubt and worried that I'd made a horrible mistake about Landsknechts wearing multiple colours, etc, and once that seed of doubt is sown...! It was a frantic couple of minutes waiting for the Internet to connect on my cell phone, so I could do a quick Google image search I can tell you.

      Delete
  5. Two great figures, Roy. I have to agree that Else is the star of the show. You've really done her proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Bryan Scott: Thanks Bryan.

      I'm sitting looking at Else, now, as I type this and I can't get past the feeling that she looks like an old Citadel fantasy miniature from when I first started in the hobby. I showed the figure to a chap who worked for Games Workshop at the time of the 80s to early 90s and he loved her.

      Delete
  6. Lovely job Roy especially else 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Matt Crump: Thanks Matt. But funnily enough its the Marie figure that's giving me big ideas in 28mm.

      Delete
  7. Your brushwork is excellent Roy and these are some lovely miniatures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. da Gobbo Grotto: Thanks Andy

      Next thing I'll be painting is a couple of 10mm tanks. Something that I've not had much success with in the past, so its going to be interesting. One day I may even get round to the Bushido figures! :))

      Delete
  8. Fantastic paint-job on these mini's Roy !
    Love your Empire looking female !
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Mario Morrhaye: Thanks Mario

      Yeah, she could have been fighting in an Elector Count's army, or even under the Emperor Karl Franz if the old Warhammer was still around.

      Delete

comments left on this blog will not be viewed by Colonel Bill himself (unless I email him and advise him to)

to contact the Colonel direct, email colonelbill@colonelbills.com