Thursday, 29 September 2016

15mm 7YW British Unit Paint Up [#2]

I did a couple of hours more work on the [x10] 7YW 15mm British musketeers last night.

Here is yesterday's image:
Today's, with last night's work:
I should get the Layer 1 stage completed through the course of today, might possibly also get some of the Layer 2 paints applied. Now that I know what colours to use, and where to apply them, these ten figures are painting up faster (individually) than the two test figures.

Here's what these will look like at the end:
And how my paint area is organised, to enable ease of work. The paints are organised into two rows, left-to-right in order of paints to be used. Layer 1 first. Then Layer 2.
Cheers,
Roy

4 comments:

  1. nice, never thought of using tester pots as base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Martin Cooke: Yeah, I've been doing it for years now on my own models. Probably started doing it when I was painting model boats and the detail wasn't too fine that it could be obscured. I always undercoat with dark brown, now, as I prefer it to either black or white.

      When painting to best, however, I prime and undercoat with proper acrylic paints. Not that it really makes much of a difference.

      Delete
  2. Interesting to see how the 'professionals' do it.
    (Probably best not to think how any more you'll need.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Zabadak: Each inf. unit will have 20 figs, and I'm planning on having 9 of them.
      Horse units will have 8 figures, and I'm thinking 5 units.
      Artillery is just a gun and 4 figures - limber is 2 horse, limber, 1 crew. I'll probably end up with 2 guns & 2 limbers.
      Senior Officers will be around five chaps on horses.

      That's something like 250 models, with a quick count. I've, so far, painted 19.

      Delete

comments left on this blog will not be viewed by Colonel Bill himself (unless I email him and advise him to)

to contact the Colonel direct, email colonelbill@colonelbills.com