Friday, 10 June 2016

Agema's Play-By-eMail RPG Game "Swashbuckler" - Turn #2

So last turn we left my character, Mister Bartholomew Yorke, facing a quick dunking in the River Ouse at the hand's of three ruffians. Well today saw the second turn, August 1706, arrive and we get to see how he survived...

Here's a quick link to turn one's blog post - LINK.

###
August 1706 - Current situation:
With arms held wide in a show of peaceful intent, you approached the trio saying, "Come now friends, this is surely not necessary. Instead of working up a sweat for nought, why don't you all breakfast with me instead - I'm paying!" 
The leading ruffian frowned. "Ay? Aren't you scared, just a little bit?" 
You smiled an insufferable smile, although inside your heart was racing ten-to-the-dozen and truth be told were afraid but doing your level best not to show it.  
His shoulders slumped as he shook his head. "Lads, we're losing our touch." 
The other two roughs looked at him as if their leader was quite disturbed, but then looked at each other and shrugged. One, whose face appears to have been pushed out of joint at some time in the past by contact with a shovel, spoke up. "If yer say so, Ern, breakfast it is then."
The leader - Ern, jabbed a finger forward. "Mind you, he's paying!" 
A tea shop was opening up around the corner, and the four of you enjoyed a hearty breakfast. Your new companions were pleasant enough, well so long as you didn't look at them too much (this seems to unnerve them) or mention their interesting odor. 
Patting his stomach contentedly, Ern grinned and said. "Right, then, now the pleasantries are over, back to business. We're to throw you in the Ouse!" 
The other two fellows stood up, one cracked his knuckles.  
Ern wagged a finger, "If you would avoid such an inconvenience, give us a job." 
"What?!" you exclaimed in surprise, unable to contain yourself. 
"Give - us - all - jobs," he reiterated, like he was addressing a particularly simple-minded child. 
Nodding sagely -  a gesture they took to be acceptance - they laughed together and then on being given the commission to fetch and buy you a sword-stick cane, Ern went off with some of your money and in short order returned with one for you. He even gave you the change. 
With that sorted out, you were obliged to pay for four seats on the coach to London, and you set off with your new companions for that illustrious destination.
London, red bricked jungle where dreams are made
###

So, Mister Yorke (and friends) is now, currently, in London.
He is now the owner of a sword-cane walking stick (which I'm guessing he won't know how to use, except to stab at dropped paper-sheets littering the streets), and is less one-and-a-half guineas from his original six.
Initial 'next turn' ideas are, locate a lodging house for myself while they make their own arrangements (some explaining / negotiations may need to take place to ensure I don't end up paying for rooms for us all!) and then exploring London for opportunities!  
a Sword-Cane walking stick!
###

If it's of interest to any readers, here's my turn orders that were interpreted by the GM to resolve and provide the current game turn. You'll notice that not everything I ordered came about, mainly due to the non-player-controlled trio affecting my character's situation and so I'll now need to consider them, as well as my character, in the next turn set of orders I submit.

B. Yorke Turn Orders
Swashbuckler - Game 8 August 1706

###

1. GO TO: London

2. HOW: Road

3. MEANS: Coach - cost 1 guinea

4. SKILLS USED: Persuasion. Civilised.

5. WHAT YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO DO:

With arms held wide in a show of peaceful intent, I approach the trio saying, "Come now friends, this is surely not necessary. Instead of working up a sweat for nought, why don't you all break fast with me instead - I'm paying!"

Hopefully, that will work... If not, I scream out "Murder!" and keep doing so until the alarm goes up.

If I end up in the Ouse, and penny-less, I'll need to find a job, in a shop, at York.

If I survive the trio, and with money, I purchase for myself a walking stick-cum-weapon. Buying one from the trio if they're inclined.

All being well, I leave York aboard coach and head to London. At London, I search out lodgings that are both respectable and not too expensive. If asked by the landlady/lord, I tell them that I'm a merchant looking for new business sources and plan on visiting Lloyd's Coffee House to find opportunity.

###

Cheers for reading.
Roy

4 comments:

  1. This seems such fun! I am getting tempted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Clint: Yes, I'm starting to feel more involved and excited about my character's prospects now. But its still too early for me to really have any thoughts on the game.
      At the moment, due to real life and the school holidays possibly, the games are all running slower than what would be ideal. But, I'm finding this not to be an issue for myself.

      Delete
  2. Ahh, London, where our hero finds out that the streets are not made of gold.
    Interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Zabadak: Thank you.
      Yes, I've now to decide which route to pursue with the 'Yorke Gang'. A life of honest toil, or criminality. I'm going to really have to have a good think about the next steps in my career path, as the addition of the trio joining me, like stray dogs after being offered a bone, has taken me by surprise and its not something that I'd considered. Obviously they've different skills than my 'honest' character has, but combining the two sets may well prove financially lucrative.

      Delete

comments left on this blog will not be viewed by Colonel Bill himself (unless I email him and advise him to)

to contact the Colonel direct, email colonelbill@colonelbills.com