Tuesday, 8 March 2016

Getting Ready For Tonight's Game Of Frostgrave

I'm busy getting the final preparations done for tonight's game of Frostgrave (or, as it more than looks to be the case, not-very-frosty-grave). 

I found the board up in the part of the attic that isn't my work room. No  idea what it was originally meant for, but it will serve a purpose tonight. Buildings are those I made out of hardboard and cheap emulsion tester paints. The other bits are various pieces of resin terrain or trees that I bought from Pendraken Miniatures. 

The figures I'll be using are a mixture of Midlam Miniatures, Heresy and Colonel Bills. 

(Possible) future plans are to build some more buildings, including two-storey. Finish off the board, so its better presented, and maybe make some raised 'hill' areas. Depending upon what else the terrain will be used for, paint it / snow flock it to look more Frostgrave.

But I best re-read the rules for tonight, first!
   

18 comments:

  1. Nice! I shall look forward to the batrep! Also...I have one of those dice trays. Very handy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Gordon Richards: Thank you. The battle report has now been posted. The only thing I used the dice tray for last night was to carry my figures! :D (there was no room to sit it down anywhere, so we just rolled, carefully, upon the table.)

      Delete
  2. That table looks just the job Roy and I really like the scenery you've made... I too own that dice tray - thanks to Vampifan's recommendation :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Blaxkleric: Cheers Simon. More scenery to come. The dice tray was actually one that my Father made for me last year - Its had my 10mm zombies sat inside it, atop my hi-fi in the attic workroom for so long I'm surprised I remembered to bring it down.

      Delete
  3. What a nice looking table!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good, I also look forward to reading the batrep...

    One thing you have some fairly long sight lines there in the middle, if one of you has a wizard with Elemental bolt or Bone Dart they will be able to dominate that middle area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Adam Carriere: Thanks.

      Yes, I had spotted that. Though with both of our dice rolls being so consistently poor it didn't effect the game. I do need some more buildings, however.

      Delete
  5. Very good looking table Roy and like the others I'm looking forward to the bat-rep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Zabadak: Cheers. Battle report has now been posted.

      Delete
  6. Looks like a good set-up - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool, you really have the terrain building sorted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Martin Cooke: Cheers Martin. I'm going to try to build and complete a two-storey structure for the next game in two weeks time.

      Delete
  8. Looks excellent dude! I'd love to game on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Bob Kinnear: Thanks Bob. As long as there's no close ups of the terrain it all looks brilliant ;)

      Delete
  9. That's a great looking set up Roy, hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Michael Awdry: Thank you. The game went well, though took a little longer then it should since we weren't 100% familiar with the rules. The next game has been pencilled-in in the diary.

      [You'll have probably of received an email by now telling that the next blog post has been published - that's a report of the game, with pictures.]

      Delete

comments left on this blog will not be viewed by Colonel Bill himself (unless I email him and advise him to)

to contact the Colonel direct, email colonelbill@colonelbills.com