Monday, 28 December 2015

Frostgrave Terrain and Construction Walk Through

Hopefully these will see use in 2016!

It all needs painting still, of course. That's the next task.

Ainsty Castings have a 20% Sale at the moment (including Frostgrave Figures), so I'll be getting a few more bits for future games.

Materials I used:
3mm Hardboard.
Balsa Wood.
Talus Grit and Sharp Sand (that's the gritty type).
PVA Wood Glue.
Loctite Superglue.
a Stone from Mother Nature.

The pointy roofed building was made out of timber.
Figures are Belt Fed Gaming - by Colonel Bills Wargames Depot
Walk Through, of sorts
Some enterprising chap (with a MDF Laser Cutter) could make a fortune selling those as flat packs!

Since I was making this lot of terrain I wanted a quick to paint up Frostgrave Warband. A small, but elite, force. No doubt it will get swamped against larger warbands in games.
28mm Midlam Miniatures

12 comments:

  1. You definitely have the gift for terrain. Great stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Martin Cooke: Cheers. 10 years working for my father (a carpenter/joiner) will be the reason. His workshop and tools being a God-send for terrain building :)

      Delete
  2. Inspirational stuff Roy... really looking forward to seeing this all made up and your warband scouring its streets for treasure :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Blaxkleric: Thanks. I'm going to have to steady my nerve when it comes to painting them, as I'm a little conscious of cocking it up.

      There's a group of gamers close to me who play, and I'm talking with another blogger (Madtin Hatter) who's just moved to the area, so I'm hoping to get involved with them. Then I'll also take it along to my local club, but I will need to provide other figures since no one plays it, yet (here's hoping for some converts).

      I also need to buy some treasure objectives!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Already looks superb! Can't wait to see it all painted up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Gordon Richards: Thank you.

      I'm going to have to hoover and tidy up the attic work room before I can paint, its a tad messy at the moment with bits of wood and dust and grit everywhere :))

      Delete
  4. I hope you can convince Jamie to play Frostgrave!

    Fantastic scenery though - you are a very lucky bloke to have all yer Dad's tools at hand for stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Dai: Hello Dai, Thank you.

      A game of Frostgrave will help break the ice, so to speak :)

      Delete
  5. Very sharp looking terrain, Roy. Should paint up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Finch: Thank you. I hope it does, though I am dreading splashing the paint around.

      Delete
  6. Cracking scenery Roy and a nifty tutorial to boot, many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Michael Awdry: Thank you.
      I've, actually, passed on the photo of the construction stage to a chap in the business, as I'm 100% certain that such ruins could be cut out of MDF using a laser cutter, and then offered for sale. Now I've painted one of the buildings up I can say they do look good.

      Delete

comments left on this blog will not be viewed by Colonel Bill himself (unless I email him and advise him to)

to contact the Colonel direct, email colonelbill@colonelbills.com